Washington coach Steve Sarkisian said after Saturday's practice that sophomore running back Dezden Petty has decided to transfer. Petty, a member of...
Washington coach Steve Sarkisian said after Saturday’s practice that sophomore running back Dezden Petty has decided to transfer.
Petty, a member of the Class of 2011 from Gardena High in Carson, Calif., had 29 carries for 99 yards last season as a backup running back. The Huskies could have a lot of depth at that spot if Jesse Callier and Deontae Cooper make it back from injury, and also have moved Dwayne Washington to tailback, all serving as potential backups/complements to returning junior Bishop Sankey, who rushed for 1,439 yards last season.
Erich Wilson, Ryan McDaniel and Psalm Wooching are also competing for time in the backfield this spring, and true frosh Lavon Coleman will join the roster in the fall. (Kendyl Taylor is listed as a running back/receiver this spring and also has tailback experience.)
Petty is the second player the school has announced in the last week who is transferring, the other being defensive end Corey Waller, also a member of the Class of 2011.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Cassius Marsh could provide much-needed depth to Seahawks' defensive line
Most Read Stories
Bob Condotta: 206-515-5699 or email@example.com