Players of the game • Sophomore running back Bishop Sankey rushed for two 1-yard touchdowns, one in each half, and carried Washington's...
Players of the game
• Sophomore running back Bishop Sankey rushed for two 1-yard touchdowns, one in each half, and carried Washington’s offense most of the night. He carried 25 times for 92 yards.
• Sophomore wide receiver Kasen Williams had five reception for 62 yards, but two were spectacular catches in the fourth quarter that set up Washington touchdowns.
Plays of the game
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
Most Read Stories
Williams made a spectacular juggling catch along the sideline for 19 yards late in the game against two defenders to set up a set up a 30-yard field goal by Travis Coons with 1:20 left that gave the Huskies the 20-17 victory.
Washington’s Jamal Jones sacked Cody Vaz for a 4-yard loss with 25 seconds left to help stop a late Oregon State drive. That forced a fourth-and-long play that the Beavers couldn’t convert.
Marcus Peters picked off a Sean Mannion pass, the Huskies’ fourth interception of the game, and ran the ball back to the Oregon State 30-yard line. The play set up a fourth-quarter touchdown for the Huskies midway through the fourth quarter.
Friday, at California, 6 p.m., ESPN2.
By the numbers
4 Washington interceptions of Mannion before he was pulled out of the game in the fourth quarter.
3 Three-game losing streak ended for Huskies.
6 Win streak stopped for Oregon State.
84 Yards in penalties for UW, 40 in final quarter.
|Sept. 1||S. Diego St.||W, 21-12|
|Sept. 8||at LSU||L, 41-3|
|Sept. 15||Port. St.||W, 52-13|
|Sept. 27||Stanford||W, 17-13|
|Oct. 6||at Oregon||L, 52-21|
|Oct. 13||USC||L, 24-14|
|Oct. 20||at Arizona||L, 52-17|
|Oct. 27||Oregon St.||W, 20-17|
|Nov. 2||at Cal||6 p.m.|
|Nov. 17||at Colorado||TBA|
|Nov. 23||at WSU||12:30 p.m.|