O’Dea High School running back Myles Gaskin, one of the state’s top recruits for the Class of 2015, has made a verbal commitment to Washington, according to Scout.com.
Gaskin, a dynamic runner listed at 5 feet 10, 180 pounds, is rated as a four-star recruit by Scout. He rushed for more than 2,000 yards last season and was named to The Seattle Times’ all-state team as a junior.
Gaskin rushed for 524 yards and 10 touchdowns on 35 carries in O’Dea’s three Class 3A playoff games last season.
UW, under the Steve Sarkisian regime, was the first to offer Gaskin a scholarship, in November. Since then, Washington State and Arizona State had also offered him, and Scout reported that Oregon and Oregon State have shown interest in him recently.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
Most Read Stories
Gaskin is the first known recruit to commit to new UW coach Chris Petersen for 2015. Another top in-state recruit, Wenatchee offensive lineman Trey Adams, made a verbal commitment to the Huskies last summer.
Adam Jude: 206-464-2364
On Twitter: @a_jude