They haven’t been formally unveiled yet, but Washington football coach Steve Sarkisian says they’re coming: new gold chrome helmets.
A fuzzy photo of the mirrored helmet leaked online earlier this week, drawing mostly rave reviews from UW fans, and Sarkisian confirmed Wednesday the new look will be used at some point during the 2013 season. The helmet features a traditional purple ‘W’ with a shiny gold base.
“We’ve been trying to work on this thing now for over a year, quite honestly,” Sarkisian told KJR on Wednesday. “We want to continue to respect the tradition, the great tradition, of the University of Washington football program and all of the greats that have come before us but also do something that we think is classy and new-age for 2013.
“We think we hit it right. We’re not sure when or where we’ll wear those things, but they are a reality for us.”
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Sister-in-law didn’t appreciate delivery support
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying golf club
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
Most Read Stories
Adam Jude: email@example.com