They haven’t been formally unveiled yet, but Washington football coach Steve Sarkisian says they’re coming: new gold chrome helmets.
A fuzzy photo of the mirrored helmet leaked online earlier this week, drawing mostly rave reviews from UW fans, and Sarkisian confirmed Wednesday the new look will be used at some point during the 2013 season. The helmet features a traditional purple ‘W’ with a shiny gold base.
“We’ve been trying to work on this thing now for over a year, quite honestly,” Sarkisian told KJR on Wednesday. “We want to continue to respect the tradition, the great tradition, of the University of Washington football program and all of the greats that have come before us but also do something that we think is classy and new-age for 2013.
“We think we hit it right. We’re not sure when or where we’ll wear those things, but they are a reality for us.”
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?
Most Read Stories
Adam Jude: email@example.com