The Washington Huskies will play North Dakota in a 2018 football game at Husky Stadium. It will be the first meeting between the schools. The game is scheduled for Sept. 15, 2018.
North Dakota is an NCAA Division I FCS school, while Washington plays in the higher FBS. The Huskies’ other nonconference opponents that season are Nevada and Wisconsin.
North Dakota is scheduled to play another Pac-12 team, Utah, in 2017. The Grand Forks (N.D.) Herald reported that UND is guaranteed $450,000 for the Utah game and $500,000 for the Washington game.
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
- Man who drowned in Lake Washington was watching hydros, jumped in to swim
- Oh, rats! Seattle is one of the rattiest places in U.S.
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Old office-temperature rule for men leaves women freezing at work
Most Read Stories
• Amateur Sean M
cMullen of Fairwood Golf & Country Club in Renton has a two-stroke lead in the Oregon Open Invitational in Redmond, Ore. McMullen is at 68-69–137 at Juniper Golf Club, 7 under par. Another amateur, Michael Haack of Meridian Valley CC in Kent, is in third place at 72-68–140. The 54-hole tournament for pros and amateurs concludes Thursday.
• Washington State’s Nani Yanagi and incoming Cougars freshman Cherokee Kim from DuPont qualified for the U.S. Women’s Amateur Public Links Championship in separate qualifying events this month. The tournament starts Monday in Norman, Okla.
Jennifer Park has been promoted from interim coach to head coach for Seattle University women’s rowing. She rowed four years at Washington.
From The Associated Press and sports-information reports.