Four former Huskies participated in all-star games over the weekend.
Catching up on links:
- Jaydon Mickens had a 12-yard touchdown reception in the NFLPA Bowl on Saturday. He finished the game with three catches for 49 yards (while playing 33 of 65 snaps, according to Pro Football Focus). Joshua Perkins added three catches for 32 yards, and Taniela Tupou played in 24 of 61 defensive snaps.
- In the East-West Shrine game, Travis Feeney played in 31 of 65 plays.
- Wide receiver Jordan Chin was one of a handful of recruits making their official visit to UW over the weekend, and Chin announced his commitment to the Huskies on Sunday night. Longtime UW commits Brandon Wellington, Sean McGrew, Camilo Eifler also visited UW over the weekend.
- Athlon projects UW to finish second in the Pac-12 North next season.
- Brock Huard says the Pac-12 is lacking stability and exposure.
- UW’s class jumped into the top half of the Pac-12 after last week’s flurry of commitments.
- Tough loss for the UW men, who fell to Utah in OT.
- The UW women improved to 6-2 in the Pac-12 with a win over WSU.
- Interesting story on Nike setting up 7-on-7 leagues in select cities, which could change the face of college football recruiting.