Jaylen Johnson, a three-star defensive end recruit from Corona, Calif., has committed to Washington, becoming the sixth former Boise State recruit to switch his commitment to the Huskies.
UW lost its first recruit, tight end Chase Blakley, to Boise State on Tuesday.
Johnson, listed at 6 foot 3, 235 pounds, is rated as the No. 43 defensive end by Scout. UW now has 17 known recruits committed for this class.
Signing day is Wednesday.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
• Paul Bittner had two goals and two assists as Portland crushed Everett 8-1 in a Western Hockey League game.
• Former Washington football coach Keith Gilbertson will be among the inductees into the Idaho Athletic Hall of Fame during the North Idaho Sports Banquet April 12 in Coeur d’Alene. Gilbertson coached in the NFL, including two stops at Seattle. He was the head coach at Idaho from 1986-88 and two years at Washington (2003-04).
From sports-information reports. Staff reporter Adam Jude contributed to this report.