Jaylen Johnson, a three-star defensive end recruit from Corona, Calif., has committed to Washington, becoming the sixth former Boise State recruit to switch his commitment to the Huskies.
UW lost its first recruit, tight end Chase Blakley, to Boise State on Tuesday.
Johnson, listed at 6 foot 3, 235 pounds, is rated as the No. 43 defensive end by Scout. UW now has 17 known recruits committed for this class.
Signing day is Wednesday.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
• Paul Bittner had two goals and two assists as Portland crushed Everett 8-1 in a Western Hockey League game.
• Former Washington football coach Keith Gilbertson will be among the inductees into the Idaho Athletic Hall of Fame during the North Idaho Sports Banquet April 12 in Coeur d’Alene. Gilbertson coached in the NFL, including two stops at Seattle. He was the head coach at Idaho from 1986-88 and two years at Washington (2003-04).
From sports-information reports. Staff reporter Adam Jude contributed to this report.