Jaylen Johnson, a three-star defensive end recruit from Corona, Calif., has committed to Washington, becoming the sixth former Boise State recruit to switch his commitment to the Huskies.
UW lost its first recruit, tight end Chase Blakley, to Boise State on Tuesday.
Johnson, listed at 6 foot 3, 235 pounds, is rated as the No. 43 defensive end by Scout. UW now has 17 known recruits committed for this class.
Signing day is Wednesday.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
Most Read Stories
• Paul Bittner had two goals and two assists as Portland crushed Everett 8-1 in a Western Hockey League game.
• Former Washington football coach Keith Gilbertson will be among the inductees into the Idaho Athletic Hall of Fame during the North Idaho Sports Banquet April 12 in Coeur d’Alene. Gilbertson coached in the NFL, including two stops at Seattle. He was the head coach at Idaho from 1986-88 and two years at Washington (2003-04).
From sports-information reports. Staff reporter Adam Jude contributed to this report.