Washington redshirt freshman cornerback Patrick Enewally on Thursday became the first player dismissed from the team by new coach Chris Petersen.
Enewally’s dismissal came after he punched a teammate in the face earlier in the week, a team source said. Enewally’s departure thins what was already UW’s thinnest position. He was one of just four scholarship cornerbacks on the roster this spring, and the Huskies have been practicing with three scholarship safeties.
Washington signed four cornerbacks and three safeties in Petersen’s first recruiting class in February. Enewally, a 6-foot-1, 191-pounder from Norwalk, Calif., was a Scout.com three-star recruit for the Class of 2013. He redshirted last fall.
Adam Jude: 206-464-2364
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Costco purchases land in southeast Redmond for long-delayed project
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
- Woman found in duffel bag had been in drug-treatment program
Most Read Stories
On Twitter: @a_jude