Washington redshirt freshman cornerback Patrick Enewally on Thursday became the first player dismissed from the team by new coach Chris Petersen.
Enewally’s dismissal came after he punched a teammate in the face earlier in the week, a team source said. Enewally’s departure thins what was already UW’s thinnest position. He was one of just four scholarship cornerbacks on the roster this spring, and the Huskies have been practicing with three scholarship safeties.
Washington signed four cornerbacks and three safeties in Petersen’s first recruiting class in February. Enewally, a 6-foot-1, 191-pounder from Norwalk, Calif., was a Scout.com three-star recruit for the Class of 2013. He redshirted last fall.
Adam Jude: 206-464-2364
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
On Twitter: @a_jude