Washington redshirt freshman cornerback Patrick Enewally on Thursday became the first player dismissed from the team by new coach Chris Petersen.
Enewally’s dismissal came after he punched a teammate in the face earlier in the week, a team source said. Enewally’s departure thins what was already UW’s thinnest position. He was one of just four scholarship cornerbacks on the roster this spring, and the Huskies have been practicing with three scholarship safeties.
Washington signed four cornerbacks and three safeties in Petersen’s first recruiting class in February. Enewally, a 6-foot-1, 191-pounder from Norwalk, Calif., was a Scout.com three-star recruit for the Class of 2013. He redshirted last fall.
Adam Jude: 206-464-2364
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL
Most Read Stories
On Twitter: @a_jude