Washington redshirt freshman cornerback Patrick Enewally on Thursday became the first player dismissed from the team by new coach Chris Petersen.
Enewally’s dismissal came after he punched a teammate in the face earlier in the week, a team source said. Enewally’s departure thins what was already UW’s thinnest position. He was one of just four scholarship cornerbacks on the roster this spring, and the Huskies have been practicing with three scholarship safeties.
Washington signed four cornerbacks and three safeties in Petersen’s first recruiting class in February. Enewally, a 6-foot-1, 191-pounder from Norwalk, Calif., was a Scout.com three-star recruit for the Class of 2013. He redshirted last fall.
Adam Jude: 206-464-2364
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
On Twitter: @a_jude