Game time: 8 p.m., at Husky Stadium
TV: Fox Sports 1.
Coach: Sonny Dykes (1-6, first year at California; 23-20 overall, including three seasons at Louisiana Tech).
Record: 1-6, 0-4 Pac-12.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
Most Read Stories
Last game: Oregon State’s Sean Mannion threw for 481 yards and four touchdowns, and the Beavers routed the Bears 49-17 in Corvallis to keep Cal winless in the Pac-12.
The series: Washington leads 58-31-4
The early line: Off the board at this time on official odds used by The Seattle Times.
Key players: There’s uncertainty at quarterback for Cal, too. True freshman Jared Goff was benched in the third quarter of the Bears’ defeat at Oregon State in favor of redshirt freshman Zach Kline. Goff has committed 11 turnovers. Kline threw two touchdowns and one interception Saturday. … Receiver Chris Harper is averaging 99.7 yards receiving per game, with 52 catches and four TDs. Bryce Treggs has 46 receptions. … Senior defensive lineman Deandre Coleman, a Garfield High product, leads the Bears with 5.5 tackles for loss.
Cal’s key to success: The rebuilding Bears are minus-11 in turnover margin this season. Their best shot at their first Pac-12 victory would figure to be a serious reversal of that statistic, which would have to include dramatically improved play from their young QBs.