Four-star receiver Erik Brown has committed to Washington.
The 6-foot-1, 175-pound Fontana, Calif., native made his announcement Tuesday evening at Nike’s The Opening camp during a broadcast on ESPNU. Brown is the sixth recruit to commit to the Huskies in the past four days.
For the class of 2014, four-star cornerback Jonathan Lockett (Santa Ana, Calif.) committed Saturday, as did Eastlake High safety/linebacker Drew Lewis and safety Lavon Washington of Oakland. For the class of 2015 Wenatchee offensive lineman Trey Adams and Joseph Wicker of Long Beach, Calif., verbally committed this weekend.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars
Most Read Stories
• Bo Andrews shot an even-par 72, propelling him into a one-shot lead over three players heading into Wednesday’s final round of the Sahalee Players Championship at Sahalee Country Club in Sammamish.
Andrews holds a one-stroke advantage over Andrew Yun, the second-round leader who shot a 75 Tuesday, along with Zachary Blair and Kevin Carrigan. Andrews is at 4-under 212.
• Washington State will play Eastern Washington on Sept. 3, 2016, WSU athletic director Bill Moos announced. WSU played EWU this year, a 24-20 win for the Cougars.
• Former WSU star Brock Motum will play with the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers in the 2013 Orlando Pro Summer League, the organization announced Tuesday.
Information fromsports-information reports was used in this article.