Wide receiver Dante Pettis of Junipero Serra Catholic High (San Juan Capistrano, Calif.) announced Thursday on Twitter that he intends to sign a letter of intent with Washington.
Pettis, listed at 6 feet 1, 170 pounds, is rated as a three-star recruit. He is a standout in track and field, running the 200 meters in 21.84 seconds and posting a mark of 23 feet, 7 inches in the long jump last year.
He is a cousin of former Boise State standout receiver Austin Pettis and the son of Texas Rangers third-base coach Gary Pettis.
Pettis is the seventh known recruit this week to commit to UW and the 16th overall in this class. Verbal commitments are nonbinding. National signing day is Feb. 5.
- Amazon.com just tip of Seattle boom
- Michael Bennett not expected to attend as Seahawks begin voluntary workouts
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- Auburn woman sentenced to life for torturing family
- Average price of legal pot drops to about $12 a gram
Most Read Stories
Adam Jude: 206-464-2364 or email@example.com. On Twitter: @a_jude.