Wide receiver Dante Pettis of Junipero Serra Catholic High (San Juan Capistrano, Calif.) announced Thursday on Twitter that he intends to sign a letter of intent with Washington.
Pettis, listed at 6 feet 1, 170 pounds, is rated as a three-star recruit. He is a standout in track and field, running the 200 meters in 21.84 seconds and posting a mark of 23 feet, 7 inches in the long jump last year.
He is a cousin of former Boise State standout receiver Austin Pettis and the son of Texas Rangers third-base coach Gary Pettis.
Pettis is the seventh known recruit this week to commit to UW and the 16th overall in this class. Verbal commitments are nonbinding. National signing day is Feb. 5.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
Most Read Stories
Adam Jude: 206-464-2364 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter: @a_jude.