Wide receiver Dante Pettis of Junipero Serra Catholic High (San Juan Capistrano, Calif.) announced Thursday on Twitter that he intends to sign a letter of intent with Washington.
Pettis, listed at 6 feet 1, 170 pounds, is rated as a three-star recruit. He is a standout in track and field, running the 200 meters in 21.84 seconds and posting a mark of 23 feet, 7 inches in the long jump last year.
He is a cousin of former Boise State standout receiver Austin Pettis and the son of Texas Rangers third-base coach Gary Pettis.
Pettis is the seventh known recruit this week to commit to UW and the 16th overall in this class. Verbal commitments are nonbinding. National signing day is Feb. 5.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
Most Read Stories
Adam Jude: 206-464-2364 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter: @a_jude.