Washington State athletic director Bill Moos confirmed Monday the 2014 Apple Cup football game between WSU and Washington will return to a Saturday after two years on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Moos indicated the game has been set for Saturday, Nov. 29, two days after Thanksgiving, in Pullman.
The Pac-12 Conference is due to release its complete schedule soon. Game times won’t be available until television agreements have been fulfilled.
In recent years, the Apple Cup has moved off its traditional Saturday-before-Thanksgiving slot due to television, available weekends within NCAA restrictions and the conference championship game instituted in 2011. USC and Stanford also play a late-season game with Notre Dame in alternating years.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
Most Read Stories
In 2012, the Apple Cup was played in Pullman on the Friday after Thanksgiving, with many students off campus for the holiday break. The 2013 game at Husky Stadium was also played on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Bud Withers: 206-464-8281 or firstname.lastname@example.org