Washington State athletic director Bill Moos confirmed Monday the 2014 Apple Cup football game between WSU and Washington will return to a Saturday after two years on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Moos indicated the game has been set for Saturday, Nov. 29, two days after Thanksgiving, in Pullman.
The Pac-12 Conference is due to release its complete schedule soon. Game times won’t be available until television agreements have been fulfilled.
In recent years, the Apple Cup has moved off its traditional Saturday-before-Thanksgiving slot due to television, available weekends within NCAA restrictions and the conference championship game instituted in 2011. USC and Stanford also play a late-season game with Notre Dame in alternating years.
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
In 2012, the Apple Cup was played in Pullman on the Friday after Thanksgiving, with many students off campus for the holiday break. The 2013 game at Husky Stadium was also played on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Bud Withers: 206-464-8281 or email@example.com