The Huskies also land shooting guard Jonah Green, as a walk-on, for 2018 class.
The Washington men’s basketball team received a commitment from Elijah Hardy, a highly touted 2018 recruit from Oakland, Calif.
“I am excited to announce that I have made my commitment to the University of Washington!” Hardy tweeted Saturday. “Go dawgs!
Hardy, a 6-foot-2 and 161-pound point guard who played at Bishop O’Dowd High, is considered a four-star prospect by ESPN and Scout. Meanwhile, Rivals ranks him as a three-star recruit.
He reportedly had offers from USC, USF, Santa Clara and Nevada.
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier doesn't signal impending eruption
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- Is this Seattle bus stop the worst in America?
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
On Monday, Jonah Geron, a 6-6 wing from San Joaquin Memorial High in Fresno, California, said via Twitter that he was going to join UW’s 2018 class as an invited walk-on. He’s considered a standout three-point shooter.