NORTHRIDGE, Calif. – The Seattle University men outscored Cal State Northridge 15-5 over the final six minutes, using offensive rebounding and solid defense to pick up its first road victory of the season, 58-53, Thursday night.
Jarell Flora scored Seattle U’s next six points to cut the Redhawks’ deficit to 50-49. Shore Adenekan converted a putback to give Seattle U the lead at 51-50 with 3:39 to go.
Over the next two minutes, the Redhawks pulled down six rebounds to maintain the majority of possessions, and Isiah Umipig hit a three-pointer as the shot-clock buzzer went off to increase the Seattle U lead to 54-50. After a Matadors (5-5) turnover, Umipig made two free throws and Clarence Trent was able to convert on two free throws with eight seconds remaining to ice the game for Seattle U (5-3).
Flora led all players with 23 points, hitting 5 of 7 three-pointers.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.
Most Read Stories
Top 5 women
At No. 2 Duke 99, No. 16 Purdue 78
Alexis Jones scored 22 points to lead Duke over Purdue in a Big Ten/ACC Challenge game. Chelsea Gray added 16 points for Duke (9-0). K.K. Houser scored 20 points to lead Purdue (5-2).
At Connecticut 97, UC Davis 37
Bria Hartley scored 20 of her 25 points before halftime as Connecticut routed UC Davis (2-5). Breanna Stewart had 19 points, 13 rebounds and five assists for the Huskies (10-0).
From sports information reports. The Associated Press also contributed to this report.