Just days after Washington snagged its first recruit for the class of 2014, Timberline High of Lacey star Donaven Dorsey gave a verbal commitment to play for the Husky men’s basketball team.
The 6-foot-6 wing, who will be a senior next season, declined offers from Washington State, Gonzaga, Oregon State and Portland State.
“It’s a big relief,” Dorsey told The Olympian. “I’m very excited to become a Dawg.”
Dorsey, who averaged 21 points and nine rebounds last season, was a second-team Class 3A pick by The Associated Press.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
Dorsey joins 6-10 Canadian Tristan Etienne as the Huskies’ second recruit for the class of 2014.
After securing Dorsey and Etienne, Washington should have one scholarship available.
Percy Allen: 206-464-2278 or email@example.com. On Twitter @percyallen.