Just days after Washington snagged its first recruit for the class of 2014, Timberline High of Lacey star Donaven Dorsey gave a verbal commitment to play for the Husky men’s basketball team.
The 6-foot-6 wing, who will be a senior next season, declined offers from Washington State, Gonzaga, Oregon State and Portland State.
“It’s a big relief,” Dorsey told The Olympian. “I’m very excited to become a Dawg.”
Dorsey, who averaged 21 points and nine rebounds last season, was a second-team Class 3A pick by The Associated Press.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
Dorsey joins 6-10 Canadian Tristan Etienne as the Huskies’ second recruit for the class of 2014.
After securing Dorsey and Etienne, Washington should have one scholarship available.
Percy Allen: 206-464-2278 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @percyallen.