Just days after Washington snagged its first recruit for the class of 2014, Timberline High of Lacey star Donaven Dorsey gave a verbal commitment to play for the Husky men’s basketball team.
The 6-foot-6 wing, who will be a senior next season, declined offers from Washington State, Gonzaga, Oregon State and Portland State.
“It’s a big relief,” Dorsey told The Olympian. “I’m very excited to become a Dawg.”
Dorsey, who averaged 21 points and nine rebounds last season, was a second-team Class 3A pick by The Associated Press.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
Dorsey joins 6-10 Canadian Tristan Etienne as the Huskies’ second recruit for the class of 2014.
After securing Dorsey and Etienne, Washington should have one scholarship available.
Percy Allen: 206-464-2278 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @percyallen.