The junior from Bothell starred at Tacoma Community College last season, then abruptly departed from UW in August.
The amazing basketball odyssey of Mark McLaughlin looks as if it’s going to include a stop in Ellensburg.
The former Washington transfer, who left the Huskies in August for reasons that are still unclear, is planning to play for Central Washington this season. He’s listed on the Wildcats’ roster, has enrolled in classes and is expected to be on the court when the Division II team opens training camp on Oct. 15.
“It’s my understanding that he’s eligible to play,” a CWU spokesperson said.
Central Washington is the seventh college with ties to McLaughlin, a 6-6 junior from Bothell.
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Washington basketball great Christian Welp dies at 51
- Mumford & Sons, Foo Fighters, coming to big Walla Walla fest
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
Most Read Stories
The Wildcats compiled a 15-13 record last season under longtime coach Greg Sparling.
McLaughlin, 22, was expected to play a prominent role with the Huskies before his abrupt departure. He averaged 28.4 points at Tacoma Community College, which was the highest scoring average in the community-college ranks last season.
UW senior Chris Williams, the world’s top-ranked amateur, shot an 8-under 64 to take the first round lead at the World Amateur Team Championship and help the United States set the record for lowest 18-hole team score with a 13-under 131 in Antalya, Turkey.
• PGA Professional Russell Grove and amateur Taylor Porter lead the PNW Pro-Amateur Championship at 6 under par, at Salishan Golf Links in Gleneden Beach, Ore. They lead by one stroke over pro Luke Baker and amateur Jim Bob Coleman, of Deer Park.
Seattle Pacific beat host Central Washington, 1-0, in overtime in a game that was moved to Cottonwood Elementary School in Yakima due to poor air quality in the Kittitas Valley.
From sports-information reports.