Washington will make its 12th NCAA women's soccer tournament appearance and will host Auburn at Husky Soccer Stadium on Friday at 7 p.m p.m. The Huskies (10-7-3)...
Washington will make its 12th NCAA women’s soccer tournament appearance and will host Auburn at Husky Soccer Stadium on Friday at 7 p.m.
The Huskies (10-7-3), who finished sixth in the Pac-12, have failed to qualify just one other time since 2000 and made quarterfinal runs in 2004 and 2010.
The Washington State women received an at-large bid and the Cougars (12-6-1) will play at Portland (11-4-4) also at 7 p.m. Friday.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
• The Seattle Pacific men’s soccer team (11-3-4) plays Cal State L.A. in the West Region opener on Thursday at 6 p.m. in Phoenix.
• No. 3 Seattle Pacific (14-3-2) plays No. 6 BYU-Hawaii in a first-round West Region women’s soccer game in La Jolla, Calif, at 1 p.m. Thursday.
Western Washington plays Cal Poly Pomona at 2 p.m. Friday in Rohnert Park, Calif.
• The Puget Sound women’s soccer team will meet host Trinity in San Antonio, Texas, on Saturday (TBA) in the first round of the NCAA Division III tournament.
• Whitworth will open the NCAA Division III men’s soccer tournament against Mississippi College on Saturday (time TBA) in San Antonio.
• Seattle Pacific’s Jon Pearman was chosen GNAC Defensive Player of the Year. Goalkeeper Zach Johnson also was a first-team selection. Western Washington midfielder Sujinda Dangvan was a first-team pick.
• Eastern Washington quarterback Vernon Adams was picked as Big Sky Conference offensive player of the week.
• Western Washington setter Laurie Yearout has been named the GNAC volleyball offensive player of the week.
• Eastern Washington senior Laney Brown was named Big Sky Player of the Week