The Washington volleyball team will make a program-record 19 live appearances on television this fall, one on ESPNU and 18 live on the Pac-12 Networks. The conference announced the full conference volleyball schedule Monday, with a record 99 matches set for live broadcast.
The Huskies will host Oregon on Nov. 7, one of just three conference matches to be picked for broadcast by ESPNU. Washington State will have 13 matches televised.
• Jeff Coston of Blaine shot a 5-under 67 and earned medalist honors in leading the field of 70 players at the U.S. Senior Open qualifying at Canterwood Golf & Country Club in Gig Harbor. Also qualifying is Tom Brandes of Bellevue.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Coston, a teaching pro at Semiahmoo Resort in Blaine, and Brandes will play in the U.S. Senior Open July 10-13 at Oak Tree National Golf Club in Edmond, Okla.
• Oregon assistant women’s basketball coach Dan Muscatell, a native of Everett and a Western Washington graduate, was hired as assistant women’s basketball coach at San Jose State.
• Former Washington State women’s basketball forward Sage Romberg has signed a professional contract to play in Spain this fall. Romberg will play for C.R.E.F. Hola Madrid, a Division 2 professional team in the Spanish League.
From sports-information reports.