BOISE, Idaho — Washington tied a school record with just one attacking error in sweeping to a 25-19, 25-15, 25-17 victory Saturday over Boise State for the title in the Northwest Challenge.
Washington’s Krista Vansant led all players with 14 kills on 18 swings without an error for a career-high .778 attack percentage.
Earlier, Kaleigh Nelson had a career-high 26 kills in leading UW (3-0) to a 26-24, 27-29, 25-20, 24-26, 15-8 victory over Gonzaga.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
• Washington State (2-1) posted a 21-25, 21-25, 25-18, 25-20, 15-7 victory over Cal Poly in the Montana Invitational in Missoula as Chelsey Bettinson and Jaicee Harris were named to the all-tournament team.
• Texas was a 25-14, 25-12, 25-15 winner over Seattle University (1-2) at the Lobo Classic in Albuquerque, N.M. Seattle’s Matea Mamic was named all-tournament.
• Northwest University (6-4) split a pair of matches in Daytona Beach, Fla., beating Montreat 25-19, 25-18, 25-12 before losing to Grace 25-22, 16-25, 29-27, 23-25, 9-15.
• Lane Pederson had a goal and three assists as Seattle scored a 5-4 hockey victory over Victoria in the Preseason Classic while host Everett lost 2-1 to Spokane.
• Washington State’s Abby Regan won the women’s 4,000-meter Clash of the Inland Northwest cross country race in Spokane in 13:34.8. Gonzaga’s Willie Milam, running unattached, took the 6,000-meter men’s race in 18:08.0.
• Taylor Young scored as the Northwest men (1-0) posted a 1-0 home soccer victory over Pacific.
• Aaron Scheidies of Seattle won the Male PT5 at the ITU Paratriathlon World Championships in Edmonton, Alberta.
From sports-information reports.