Washington didn’t lose a race on Montlake Cut on Saturday morning as the Huskies swept all the showdowns among the men’s and women’s crews in a competition that featured Washington State and Stanford.
For the UW men, no victory margin was less than seven seconds, as the varsity- eight posted an impressive winning time of 5 minutes, 38.19 seconds to beat Stanford by more than 10 seconds.
The Huskies featured Stuart Sim, Grega Domanjko, Sam Dommer, Finn Schroeder, Henry Meek, Myles Neary, Jacob Dawson, Marcus Bowyer and Mathew Milner.
The women’s race was a little tighter. UW won in 6:17.52 to WSU’s 6:22.60.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
In the winning UW boat were Madeline Johnston, Patricia Obee, Fiona Gammond, Kirstyn Goodger, Amy Fowler, Natasha Gay, Elizabeth Vogt, Sarah Doughtery and Madeline Cordner.