Washington didn’t lose a race on Montlake Cut on Saturday morning as the Huskies swept all the showdowns among the men’s and women’s crews in a competition that featured Washington State and Stanford.
For the UW men, no victory margin was less than seven seconds, as the varsity- eight posted an impressive winning time of 5 minutes, 38.19 seconds to beat Stanford by more than 10 seconds.
The Huskies featured Stuart Sim, Grega Domanjko, Sam Dommer, Finn Schroeder, Henry Meek, Myles Neary, Jacob Dawson, Marcus Bowyer and Mathew Milner.
The women’s race was a little tighter. UW won in 6:17.52 to WSU’s 6:22.60.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Seattle congestion: We're No. 5
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
Most Read Stories
In the winning UW boat were Madeline Johnston, Patricia Obee, Fiona Gammond, Kirstyn Goodger, Amy Fowler, Natasha Gay, Elizabeth Vogt, Sarah Doughtery and Madeline Cordner.