Alex Schmidt belted his third home run of the year and three Washington relievers combined to throw 41
3 scoreless innings in the Huskies’ 4-1 win over Pacific on Saturday in the Jack Gifford Memorial tournament in Santa Clara, Calif.
The victory extended the Huskies’ winning streak to six games.
Andrew Ely went 2 for 3 with a run batted in for the Huskies (9-4-1).
Trevor Dunlap slammed the door in the ninth inning to earn his fourth save. Washington’s bullpen ran its consecutive streak of scoreless innings to 91
3 on the road trip.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
Most Read Stories
Taylor Edwards hit a two-run, walkoff homer with two outs in the seventh inning off Bryana Walker as No. 16 Nebraska (15-7) beat No. 6 Washington 2-1 at the Judi Garman Classic in Fullerton, Calif. Kaitlin Inglesby homered for UW.
Later, against Texas, two runners were on board with one out in the seventh inning when Walker secured the save in a 6-3 victory. Inglesby got the win. Ali Aguilar drove in four runs with three hits, including a homer, for UW (19-3) and Kylee Lahners also homered.
• Seattle University (10-13) lost 1-0 to UC Santa Barbara (13-5) and 10-2 to host Nevada (11-8).
Seattle University scored 10 runs in the sixth inning and four more in the seventh and held on to beat Cal Poly 15-14 at Edmonds Community College. Landon Cray hit two solo homers for the Redhawks (6-9) in a 3-for-4 day. Chase Fields had a two-run homer and drove in four runs for SU.
• Host Washington State (4-8) and Texas State (10-5) split a doubleheader, with the Cougars winning the first game 4-3 and losing the second 5-3.
• Andrew Morales (3-0) gave up six hits but extended his scoreless innings streak to 30 as host UC Irvine (10-3) earned a 1-0 win over Gonzaga (3-9).
Eastern Washington wrapped up its regular season with a 68-60 win at Weber State. Eastern (16-13, 12-8) finished fourth in the Big Sky and will play fifth-seeded Idaho State on Thursday in Grand Forks, N.D., in the conference tournament. Lexie Nelson led four Eagles in double figures with 20 points.
Host Seattle U lost 7-0 to Arizona.
Seattle U lost 4-3 to Montana State in Eugene, Ore.
Host Boise State beat Seattle Pacific 196.55 to 193.35.
• Ryan Villopoto from Poulsbo raced to his fourth AMA Supercross victory at Daytona International Speedway, beating Ken Roczen by 12.632 seconds. Villopoto, the three-time defending series champion, leads the standings, 28 points ahead of Ryan Dungey.
From sports-information reports.