Donegal Fergus, a former baseball assistant at Seattle University, has been named the new hitting coach at Washington.
“I can’t tell you how excited I am to welcome Donegal Fergus to our coaching staff,” coach Lindsay Meggs said. “Donegal has a proven track record for recruiting the state of Washington as well as the entire Northwest, and he will make an immediate impact on our hitters.”
Fergus spent the 2013 season as the coach at Lower Columbia College in Longview. He led the Red Devils to a 34-14 record and a trip to the West Region playoffs.
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
- Man who drowned in Lake Washington was watching hydros, jumped in to swim
- Oh, rats! Seattle is one of the rattiest places in U.S.
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Old office-temperature rule for men leaves women freezing at work
Most Read Stories
• Sixteen Seattle Pacific athletes — 12 women and four men — are among the recipients of the Great Northwest Athletic Conference Faculty Athletic Representatives Scholar-Athlete awards.
Among athletes earning 4.0 grade-point averages were Suzanna Ohlsen and Shayla Page of Seattle Pacific and Kellie Shreve of Central Washington.
Compiled from sports-information reports.