Donegal Fergus, a former baseball assistant at Seattle University, has been named the new hitting coach at Washington.
“I can’t tell you how excited I am to welcome Donegal Fergus to our coaching staff,” coach Lindsay Meggs said. “Donegal has a proven track record for recruiting the state of Washington as well as the entire Northwest, and he will make an immediate impact on our hitters.”
Fergus spent the 2013 season as the coach at Lower Columbia College in Longview. He led the Red Devils to a 34-14 record and a trip to the West Region playoffs.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
Most Read Stories
• Sixteen Seattle Pacific athletes — 12 women and four men — are among the recipients of the Great Northwest Athletic Conference Faculty Athletic Representatives Scholar-Athlete awards.
Among athletes earning 4.0 grade-point averages were Suzanna Ohlsen and Shayla Page of Seattle Pacific and Kellie Shreve of Central Washington.
Compiled from sports-information reports.