Donegal Fergus, a former baseball assistant at Seattle University, has been named the new hitting coach at Washington.
“I can’t tell you how excited I am to welcome Donegal Fergus to our coaching staff,” coach Lindsay Meggs said. “Donegal has a proven track record for recruiting the state of Washington as well as the entire Northwest, and he will make an immediate impact on our hitters.”
Fergus spent the 2013 season as the coach at Lower Columbia College in Longview. He led the Red Devils to a 34-14 record and a trip to the West Region playoffs.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- From best picks to the puzzlers, reviewing the Seahawks’ draft selections
Most Read Stories
• Sixteen Seattle Pacific athletes — 12 women and four men — are among the recipients of the Great Northwest Athletic Conference Faculty Athletic Representatives Scholar-Athlete awards.
Among athletes earning 4.0 grade-point averages were Suzanna Ohlsen and Shayla Page of Seattle Pacific and Kellie Shreve of Central Washington.
Compiled from sports-information reports.