Washington’s Diamara Planell Cruz won the women’s pole vault and Derrick Daigre won the men’s 800 meters at the Pac-12 track and field championships Sunday in Pullman.
Planell Cruz won at 14 feet, ½ inch.
Daigre won in 1 minute, 49.86 seconds.
Washington State freshman CJ Allen won the men’s intermediate hurdles in a lifetime best 51.14 seconds.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
• Byron Wesley, a 6-foot-5 wing who led USC in scoring and rebounding last year, will play his senior season for Gonzaga.
“The most important thing was the winning culture at Gonzaga,” Wesley said. “They’ve been to the (NCAA) tournament 16 straight times. They’ve won their conference countless times.”
The 205-pound Wesley averaged 17.8 points and 6.4 rebounds last season for the Trojans.
• Nick Tanielu was 4 for 4 and Washington State (23-27, 13-14) routed Stanford 10-1 in Pac-12 baseball.
• Gonzaga (25-27) earned a 13-10 baseball victory over No. 23 Pepperdine (36-16).
From sports-information reports.
The Spokesman-Review contributed to this report.