Washington’s Diamara Planell Cruz won the women’s pole vault and Derrick Daigre won the men’s 800 meters at the Pac-12 track and field championships Sunday in Pullman.
Planell Cruz won at 14 feet, ½ inch.
Daigre won in 1 minute, 49.86 seconds.
Washington State freshman CJ Allen won the men’s intermediate hurdles in a lifetime best 51.14 seconds.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Orca baby boom continues with discovery of fourth calf
- Bertha's damaged cutter head emerges from pit
Most Read Stories
• Byron Wesley, a 6-foot-5 wing who led USC in scoring and rebounding last year, will play his senior season for Gonzaga.
“The most important thing was the winning culture at Gonzaga,” Wesley said. “They’ve been to the (NCAA) tournament 16 straight times. They’ve won their conference countless times.”
The 205-pound Wesley averaged 17.8 points and 6.4 rebounds last season for the Trojans.
• Nick Tanielu was 4 for 4 and Washington State (23-27, 13-14) routed Stanford 10-1 in Pac-12 baseball.
• Gonzaga (25-27) earned a 13-10 baseball victory over No. 23 Pepperdine (36-16).
From sports-information reports.
The Spokesman-Review contributed to this report.