Cal Poly's Nick Torres hit two homers and accounted for all five runs to lead his team to a 5-3 victory over the Washington baseball team...
Cal Poly’s Nick Torres hit two homers and accounted for all five runs to lead his team to a 5-3 victory over the Washington baseball team Saturday at Husky Ballpark.
Torres, who hit a solo homer for the Mustangs’ only run in Friday’s 2-1 Husky win, hit a three-run home run in the fourth inning and a two-run homer in the sixth. He was 2 for 4 with five runs batted in.
Husky starter Nick Palewicz (1-2) was charged with the loss, allowing five runs on five hits in 5-1/3 innings. Cal Poly starter Matt Imhof improved to 2-0 with the win.
The Huskies (3-7) and Mustangs (8-1) close out the series Sunday with a 1 p.m. game.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
• Jason Monda’s three-run double highlighted a five-run fifth inning as host Washington State (8-2) defeated Cal State Northridge 7-4 in nonconference game.Washington State goes for a four-game series sweep of the Matadors (4-6) at noon Sunday.
• Long Beach State (6-5) rallied for two runs in the bottom of the ninth for a 4-3 victory over visiting Seattle University (2-9).
• Visiting Central Washington swept two Great Northwest Athletic Conference games against Northwest Nazarene, winning 6-1 in the opener and 5-4 in 10 innings.
Logan Parker led the Crusaders in game one, going 3 for 5, and five CWU players finished with two hits, led by Kyle Sani who also drove in three runs.