Led by SooBin Kim, the Washington women’s golf team owns a two-shot lead after the first two rounds of the Pac-12 Preview at Nanea Golf Club in Kona, Hawaii.
Kim shot a 6-under-par 139, two shots behind leader Bronte Law of UCLA.
The Huskies are at 16-under 568, ahead of the Bruins (570). Washington State is 11th at 25-over 609.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
Most Read Stories
No. 12 Washington is off to a solid start at the Gifford Collegiate, played at the Pelican Hill North Course on the shores of Newport Beach, Calif. The Huskies are fifth after rounds of 3-under 277 and 4-over 284 on Monday. Washington is 10 shots out of the lead set by top-ranked Alabama, but just one stroke out of a tie for third.
Trevor Simsby is seventh with a 3-under 137. His two-round total is five strokes off the lead set by Harry Higgs of Southern Methodist.
The Mustangs are one of the two teams one stroke better than Washington, along with USC. Northwestern is second, three strokes behind Alabama, which leads at 9 under.
Players of the week
• Volleyball: Kyra Holt, Washington State, Pac-12 Freshman of the Week; Kelsey Moore, Western Washington, Great Northwest Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Week; Savannah Blinn, Gonzaga, West Coast Conference.
• Men’s soccer: Jonathan Massimino, Seattle University, Western Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Week.
• Women’s soccer: Kiana Kraft, Seattle U, WAC Defensive Player of the Week; Kristin Maris, Western Washington, GNAC Offensive Player of the Week; Patty Hughes, Northwest University, Cascade Collegiate Conference Defensive Player of the Week.
From sports-information reports.