Stanford snapped Washington’s 13-match winning streak with a 3-0 sweep over the third-ranked Huskies in a Pac-12 volleyball match at Maples Pavilion on Wednesday night.
The Huskies (23-2, 15-2) remain in first place in the Pac-12 and will play Friday at California. The Huskies had not lost since Oct. 4 at Colorado, 3-1.
Krista Vansant had 16 kills and nine digs for the Huskies. Kaleigh Nelson had 12 kills.
For fifth-ranked Stanford (21-5, 14-3), senior outside hitter Rachel Williams had 11 kills, nine digs and served the final six points of a second-set comeback.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Jammed-up I-405 forcing some buses to the shoulder
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
Most Read Stories
Silvertips rally past Lethbridge for 3-2 win
Joshua Winquist assisted on all three goals, and the visiting Everett Silvertips rallied for a 3-2 victory over the Lethbridge Hurricanes. Everett (38) is two points ahead of Portland for first overall in the WHL.
Trailing 2-1, Ivan Nikolishin tied the score for the Silvertips 56 seconds into the third period and Tyler Sandhu scored the go-ahead goal at 5:45. Everett outshot the Hurricanes 32-18
The Silvertips visit Medicine Hat on Friday and Calgary on Saturday to complete a set of four games in five days.
From sports-information reports.