The Washington volleyball team was voted third in the coaches poll behind Stanford and USC.
The defending Pac-12 champion Huskies went 18-2 in league play last year and 30-3 overall en route to their first Final Four appearance since 2006.
Washington State was picked 11th.
The preseason All-Pac-12 team included UW senior outside hitters Krista Vansant and Kaleigh Nelson and Washington State sophomore Kyra Holt, also an outside hitter.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived
Most Read Stories
• Tyler Salsbury of Enumclaw shot a 1-under par 70 Wednesdsay to take sole possession of the lead entering the final round of the 88th Washington State Amateur golf tournament at Wine Valley Golf Club in Walla Walla.
Salsbury, who will be a junior on the Washington men’s golf team, has a 4-under 138 total and holds a two-shot lead over Chris Tedesco.
Among those tied for third at 141 is Tyler Daniels, the superintendent at Wine Valley. Before his tee time, he was on a backhoe digging a new fire pit at the club’s reception area.
Frank Garber, an incoming UW freshman, was in a tie for seventh, four shots off the lead.
• The 12th annual O’Brien Open will take place Sept. 8 at The Golf Course at Redmond Ridge. This year’s event will serve as a celebration of Seattle University men’s basketball and the life of Eddie O’Brien, who passed away in February. Proceeds benefit the Redhawk men’s basketball program. Registration is available at GoSeattleU.com/special-events
• The Washington men’s soccer teams is ranked No. 6 in the National Soccer Coaches Association of America’s preseason rankings.
Compliled from sports-information reports.