This wasn’t your typical Pac-12 Conference volleyball opener for Washington and Washington State.
First, they were playing each other, and second, they entered as the only two undefeated teams in the conference.
But No. 2 Washington (9-0) had its way in Pullman, dominating throughout in a 25-17, 25-17, 25-17 victory Wednesday night.
Krista Vansant had 13 kills and a .440 hitting percentage to lead the Huskies. Kaleigh Nelson had nine kills and a .562 hitting percentage, and Kylin Munoz had eight kills and a .444 hittting percentage.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
WSU (13-1) never led in the final two sets. The Cougars’ Kyra Holt had 10 kills, but she was held to a .172 hitting percentage. Jaicee Harris had nine kills and a .318 hitting percentage.
• Corban defeated Northwest University (4-3) 1-0.
From sports-information reports.