This wasn’t your typical Pac-12 Conference volleyball opener for Washington and Washington State.
First, they were playing each other, and second, they entered as the only two undefeated teams in the conference.
But No. 2 Washington (9-0) had its way in Pullman, dominating throughout in a 25-17, 25-17, 25-17 victory Wednesday night.
Krista Vansant had 13 kills and a .440 hitting percentage to lead the Huskies. Kaleigh Nelson had nine kills and a .562 hitting percentage, and Kylin Munoz had eight kills and a .444 hittting percentage.
- TCU QB Trevone Boykin among Seahawks' undrafted free agent signings
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Bellevue High principal leaves school amid scrutiny of football program
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
Most Read Stories
WSU (13-1) never led in the final two sets. The Cougars’ Kyra Holt had 10 kills, but she was held to a .172 hitting percentage. Jaicee Harris had nine kills and a .318 hitting percentage.
• Corban defeated Northwest University (4-3) 1-0.
From sports-information reports.