Washington opened with a 1-over-par 281 in the first round of the NCAA men's golf championship on Crabapple Course at Capital City Club...
Washington opened with a 1-over-par 281 in the first round of the NCAA men’s golf championship on Crabapple Course at Capital City Club in Milton, Ga., Tuesday and is tied for ninth.
Arizona State took advantage of ideal morning conditions and shot a 10-under 270 to grab the first-round lead.
The Sun Devils were led by Jon Rahm, who shot an NCAA Championship record 61.
After 54 holes of play conclude Thursday, the top eight teams advance to match play.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
- Chicken recipes: some new, some old, all delicious
Most Read Stories
Trevor Simsby shot a 2-under 68 and is tied for eighth. Freshman Jonathan Sanders is one stroke back and tied for 20th. Chris Williams and Cheng-Tsung Pan each shot 72. Charlie Hughes shot 73.
• Sean Kinney, former Bishop Blanchet baseball star, was chosen as baseball coach at Whitman, where he graduated in 2005.
• For the second consecutive year, Gonzaga junior Marco Gonzales has been named one of 30 semifinalists for the Golden Spikes Award presented to the nation’s top amateur baseball player.
From sports-information reports.