Washington opened with a 1-over-par 281 in the first round of the NCAA men's golf championship on Crabapple Course at Capital City Club...
Washington opened with a 1-over-par 281 in the first round of the NCAA men’s golf championship on Crabapple Course at Capital City Club in Milton, Ga., Tuesday and is tied for ninth.
Arizona State took advantage of ideal morning conditions and shot a 10-under 270 to grab the first-round lead.
The Sun Devils were led by Jon Rahm, who shot an NCAA Championship record 61.
After 54 holes of play conclude Thursday, the top eight teams advance to match play.
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: 'He just doesn't trust a lot of people'
Most Read Stories
Trevor Simsby shot a 2-under 68 and is tied for eighth. Freshman Jonathan Sanders is one stroke back and tied for 20th. Chris Williams and Cheng-Tsung Pan each shot 72. Charlie Hughes shot 73.
• Sean Kinney, former Bishop Blanchet baseball star, was chosen as baseball coach at Whitman, where he graduated in 2005.
• For the second consecutive year, Gonzaga junior Marco Gonzales has been named one of 30 semifinalists for the Golden Spikes Award presented to the nation’s top amateur baseball player.
From sports-information reports.