The 19th-ranked Washington men’s soccer team kept its season-opening winning streak intact in beating Portland 4-1 Friday night at Husky Soccer Stadium.
Washington (3-0) got goals from Mason Robertson, Justin Schmidt, Taylor Peay and Ian Lange.
Washington beat Team Canada 25-21, 25-19, 24-26, 25-23 in an exhibition at KeyArena. Krista Vansant led the Huskies with 15 kills and added 11 digs. Jenna Orlandini had 28 digs.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
- Priced out: Has the King County diaspora begun?
Most Read Stories
• Seattle Pacific (1-1) beat Cal Poly Pomona 17-25, 25-23, 25-22, 25-18 at the Coyote Classic in San Bernardino, Calif., after earlier losing to Cal State L.A. 25-17, 22-25, 25-22, 25-17.
• Seattle University (2-4) lost 25-13, 28-26, 25-15 to Arizona State at the Gonzaga Invitational.
• Host Washington State (4-0) defeated Eastern Washington (2-3) 25-20, 25-11, 25-25.
• Western Washington (3-0) beat Mankato State 25-23, 25-14, 25-12 at the Western Oregon Invitational in Monmouth.
• Host Northwest U (5-5, 1-0 CCC) beat Warner Pacific 25-21, 25-14, 25-22.
Jeff Coston from Blaine won the Senior PGA Championship in Lakewood in a playoff against Tom Sovay of Mukilteo.
Metro State beat WWU (0-1) 2-1 in overtime in Denver.
• Host UC Davis beat Seattle U (0-3) 1-0.
Wake Forest defeated Washington (1-4) 1-0 in Portland.
• Seattle U (2-1-1) and host Butler tied 1-1.
• Northwest U (1-4) beat Carroll College 1-0 in Spokane.
• Annie Gill of Renton earned her fifth Sports Car Club of America national championship in Lincoln, Neb.
From sports-information reports.