Another day, another NCAA Clearinghouse issue as JC transfer CB Dominque Gaisie, who had participated in Monday’s practice, was not in uniform while the Clearinghouse takes a closer look at his transcripts. He could be back today. Freshman CB Desmond Trufant remains out while attempting to retake a class that the Clearinghouse didn’t approve. Freshman DE Talia Crichton was also out Tuesday with a groin injury.
In the practice structure of new coach Steve Sarkisian, there is a winner and loser each day among the offense and defense. After the offense won Monday’s practice, the defense won Tuesday, claiming victory on the final play when cornerback Justin Glenn broke up a pass over the middle. “That’s how it should be as we keep growing and getting better as a football team,” Sarkisian said.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit