Eight games against teams that appeared in the 2013 College World Series and the opening of renovated Husky Ballpark March 21 against Arizona highlight the 2014 Washington baseball schedule.
Washington will usher in a new era with three games against 2012 NCAA champion Arizona, March 21-23.
The opening game of the improved Husky Ballpark against the Wildcats is scheduled for 5 p.m.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
Most Read Stories
Washington freshman Nigel Williams-Goss has been selected to the Bob Cousy Collegiate Point Guard of the Year Watch List. Out of 46 candidates, Williams-Goss is one of just four freshmen, and one of seven Pac-12 players nominated.
Williams-Goss was a 2013 McDonald’s All-American, a Parade All-American and was ranked 19th overall in ESPN’s top 100 before joining the Huskies out of Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nev.
Seattle University moved up two spots, finishing 13th in the Bill Cullum Invitational at Wood Ranch Golf Club in Simi Valley, Calif.
Kyle Cornett was the top Seattle U finisher for the first time this season, shooting even-par 72 in the third round for a total of 2-under-par 214, good enough for a tie for 10th place.
The Redhawks combined for a third-round score of 4-over 292 for a 20-over 884.
• Western Washington freshman Chris Hatch shot a career-low 5-under 67, finishing his round with a hole-in-one, as the Vikings completed the fall portion of their schedule by placing sixth at the Cal State University Monterey Bay Invitational at Black Horse Golf Club in Seaside, Calif.
Hatch aced the 194-yard 18th hole with a 7-iron. It was his first hole-in-one. WWU fell three places to finish sixth at 898.
Seattle U finished fifth with a 39-over 615 at the Colby Invitational at Silver Creek Valley Country Club in San Jose, Calif. Nicole Gaddie placed 10th at 12-over 156.
• Western Washington’s Kristen Hansen tied for third place (6-over 150), and WWU moved up one spot to finish fourth (626) at the Sonoma State Fall Invitational at Santa Rosa (Calif.) Golf and Country Club.
• Washington midfielder Cristian Roldan was voted the Pac-12 men’s soccer Player of the Week.
From sports-information reports.