OXFORD, Miss. — Washington’s start to the NCAA baseball tournament was delayed, thanks to Mother Nature.
Rain and poor field conditions led to the first day of the Oxford Regional being postponed until Saturday.
No. 2 seed Washington is scheduled to play No. 3 seed Georgia Tech at 11 a.m. PDT.
The championship games will now be played Monday.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash