Krista Vansant has been outstanding for the UW volleyball team during the 2012 season and has helped lead the Huskies to a 23-6 record and another NCAA tournament berth.
After two big wins over USC and UCLA in late September, the sophomore outside hitter was named the AVCA National Player of the Week as well as Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week, the first Husky to win the national honor since 2008. She has also recorded a team-high 390 kills so far this season.
In her first year with the Huskies, Vansant was one of the top freshmen in the NCAA, as she won Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors and also won AVCA Pacific Region Freshman of the Year honors.
Coming out of high school, she was the consensus No. 1 recruit in the nation in 2011 and was named the Gatorade 2010-11 National Player of the Year, the first UW recruit to earn the honor, after earning California State Player of the Year honors as well.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Mariners lose fourth straight game
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
Vansant, recently named to the All-Pac-12 Team, talked about her prolific 2012 season, the Huskies’ NCAA tourney chances and more in a live chat Nov. 29 on seattletimes.com.