Krista Vansant is entering her senior year at UW, and the Huskies’ outside hitter has been one of the top collegiate players in the country the past three seasons.
As a junior, she enjoyed one of the best seasons in Husky history, as she became the first Washington player to be named AVCA National Player of the Year and also won the Honda Award for volleyball as the nation’s top player. She also helped lead UW into the NCAA semifinals.
Coming out of high school, she was the consensus No. 1 recruit in the nation in 2011 and was named the Gatorade 2010-11 National Player of the Year, the first UW recruit to earn the honor, after earning California State Player of the Year honors as well.
Vansant answered questions about her career on the court, the 2014 season and more in a live chat on Sept. 2.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit