Steve Sarkisian’s rebuilding of the UW football program took another big step forward during the 2010 season as the Huskies finished 7-6 following a 19-7 upset win over Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl.
Despite a 3-6 start, the team rallied to win its last three games to become bowl eligible and then exacted a measure of revenge in San Diego after the Cornhuskers manhandled UW 56-21 at Husky Stadium in September.
The resurgence on the field helped the Huskies land all five of The Seattle Times’ Blue Chip high school players and the full recruiting class was arguably one of the school’s best in 10 years.
Sarkisian talked about the new class of incoming recruits, his early take on the 2011 season and much more in a live chat Feb. 9 on seattletimes.com.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit