Scott Woodward was hired as University of Washington athletic director in September 2008.
During his tenure at UW, the Huskies have won numerous conference championships, including two Pac-12 men’s basketball titles and back-to-back golf titles in 2009-10. They’ve also won national championships in women’s cross country, men’s crew and softball.
He also led the planning and fundraising for the Husky Stadium and athletic facility renovation project which will be completed this month.
Woodward answered questions about the new Husky Stadium, the school’s sports programs and much more in a live chat on Aug. 15.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU