After a standout prep career at Woodinville High School, Marques Tuiasosopo went on to become one of the greatest quarterbacks in UW history.
He still holds many current season and career passing marks for the Huskies as well as an NCAA-record performance against Stanford in October 1999 when he passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 200 yards.As a senior, he led UW to the Pac-10 championship and a Rose Bowl victory against Purdue.
Tuiasosopo was selected by Oakland in the second round of the 2001 NFL draft and played eight years in the league with the Raiders and Jets.
Last Saturday, he was hired by the University of Washington to be the quarterbacks coach on Steve Sarkisian’s staff.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
Tuiasosopo talked about returning to the Husky program, his playing career and much more in a live chat Jan. 3 on seattletimes.com.