After a standout prep career at Woodinville High School, Marques Tuiasosopo went on to become one of the greatest quarterbacks in UW history.
He still holds many current season and career passing marks for the Huskies as well as an NCAA-record performance against Stanford in October 1999 when he passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 200 yards.As a senior, he led UW to the Pac-10 championship and a Rose Bowl victory against Purdue.
Tuiasosopo was selected by Oakland in the second round of the 2001 NFL draft and played eight years in the league with the Raiders and Jets.
Last Saturday, he was hired by the University of Washington to be the quarterbacks coach on Steve Sarkisian’s staff.
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
Most Read Stories
Tuiasosopo talked about returning to the Husky program, his playing career and much more in a live chat Jan. 3 on seattletimes.com.