Softball coach Heather Tarr is in her 10th season with the Huskies and has the squad back in the NCAA tournament for the 21st consecutive year. Last Saturday, she won her 400th game at UW.
In 2009, she guided UW to a 51-12 record and its first NCAA national title following a championship-series win over Florida, who the Huskies will play this weekend in a super regional in Gainesville.
Fifth-year senior Melanie “Hooch” Fagaly is the Huskies’ slick-fielding first baseman and team leader who has hit .355 with eight homers this season.
Tarr and Fagaly answered questions about the 2014 season, the showdown with the Gators and more in a live chat on May 22.
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving