Softball coach Heather Tarr is in her 10th season with the Huskies and has the squad back in the NCAA tournament for the 21st consecutive year. Last Saturday, she won her 400th game at UW.
In 2009, she guided UW to a 51-12 record and its first NCAA national title following a championship-series win over Florida, who the Huskies will play this weekend in a super regional in Gainesville.
Fifth-year senior Melanie “Hooch” Fagaly is the Huskies’ slick-fielding first baseman and team leader who has hit .355 with eight homers this season.
Tarr and Fagaly answered questions about the 2014 season, the showdown with the Gators and more in a live chat on May 22.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case