Softball coach Heather Tarr is in her 10th season with the Huskies and has the squad back in the NCAA tournament for the 21st consecutive year. Last Saturday, she won her 400th game at UW.
In 2009, she guided UW to a 51-12 record and its first NCAA national title following a championship-series win over Florida, who the Huskies will play this weekend in a super regional in Gainesville.
Fifth-year senior Melanie “Hooch” Fagaly is the Huskies’ slick-fielding first baseman and team leader who has hit .355 with eight homers this season.
Tarr and Fagaly answered questions about the 2014 season, the showdown with the Gators and more in a live chat on May 22.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'