Softball coach Heather Tarr is in her 10th season with the Huskies and has the squad back in the NCAA tournament for the 21st consecutive year. Last Saturday, she won her 400th game at UW.
In 2009, she guided UW to a 51-12 record and its first NCAA national title following a championship-series win over Florida, who the Huskies will play this weekend in a super regional in Gainesville.
Fifth-year senior Melanie “Hooch” Fagaly is the Huskies’ slick-fielding first baseman and team leader who has hit .355 with eight homers this season.
Tarr and Fagaly answered questions about the 2014 season, the showdown with the Gators and more in a live chat on May 22.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier