Time: 6:30 p.m. at KeyArena
(Note: the match will start 30 minutes after the Texas-Wisconsin semifinal ends)
Tickets: $35 to $90 (just a few hundred remain), Ticketmaster.com.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
UW coach: Jim McLaughlin, 13th season at UW, 324-86; 24th season career, 548-204.
Penn State coach: Russ Rose, 35th season, 1,123-177.
UW key players: Junior outside hitter Krista Vansant, 6 feet 2, first-team All-American, 17th nationally in kills per set (4.46); junior outside hitter Kaleigh Nelson, 6 feet, third-team All-American, powerful right-side attacker; senior libero Jenna Orlandini, 5-6, third-team All-American, delivered big-time digs in regional final at USC; sophomore middle blocker Lianna Sybeldon, 6-1, All-Pac-12 honorable mention, national player of the week in late October.
Penn State key players: Senior outside hitter Ariel Scott, 6-4, first-team All-American, had 22 kills in regional final win over Stanford; senior outside hitter Deja McClendon, 6-1, four-time All-American (second team in 2013); junior setter Micha Hancock, 5-11, first-team All-American, second nationally in aces per set (0.63); senior middle blocker Katie Slay, 6-6, third nationally in blocks per set (1.67).
UW by the numbers
1 National title (2005)
2-1 Record vs. Penn State
14 Kills by Vansant in fourth set vs. USC
Penn State by the numbers
3.09 Blocks per set, No. 1 nationally
5 National titles, including 4 straight (2007-10)
23 Wins since last loss (Michigan State on Sept. 27)