Time: 4:30 p.m. at KeyArena
Tickets: $35 to $90 (just a few hundred remain), Ticketmaster.com.
Texas coach: Jerritt Elliott, 13th year, 322-81.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Wisconsin coach: Kelly Sheffield, first year, 27-9.
Texas key players: Junior outside hitter Haley Eckerman, 6 feet 3, a two-time Big 12 player of the year, is averaging 5.09 kills per set in her past 12 matches; Chiaka Ogbogu, 6-1, conference freshman of the year, hit .386 percent in Big 12 play; junior middle blocker Khat Bell, 6-2, is averaging 1.43 blocks per set during Texas’ 23-match win streak.
Wisconsin key players: Junior outside hitter Ellen Chapman, 6-4, is averaging 4.64 kills per set during the NCAA tournament; junior outside hitter Deme Morales, 5-7, is the shortest OH in the Big Ten and has 18 double-doubles in kills and digs this season; senior libero Annemarie Hickey, 5-8, has recorded double-digit digs in her past 21 matches.
Texas by the numbers
.148 Hitting pct. for opponents during 23-match win streak
2.9 Blocks per set, seventh nationally
22-1 Record in nationally televised matches
23 Current win streak
71 NCAA tournament victories, sixth-best nationally
Wisconsin by the numbers
0 NCAA volleyball titles for Badgers
2 Final Four appearances
5 Times a first-year coach has led team to Final Four
8-0 Record on neutral courts
9-49 Combined record against other three teams in semifinals.