DES MOINES, Iowa – Jeremy Taiwo of Renton finished third in the decathlon at the USA Track & Field Championships on Saturday, cementing his spot on Team USA for the 2013 IAAF World Track & Field Championships. Taiwo, who recently graduated from UW, will join 2012 Olympic Games gold and silver medalists Ashton Eaton and Trey Hardee, as well as Gunnar Nixon, as the U.S. representatives in Moscow.
Taiwo, the NCAA runner-up this year in the decathlon, scored 7,925 points to finish third behind Eaton and Nixon. The World Championships are set for Aug. 10-18.
• Everett’s Sidney Rielly scored 18 points and added nine rebounds to lead the West 2A-3A all-stars to a 78-71 win over the East in the Washington High School All-State game at the Hub Sports Center in Spokane. West Valley of Yakima’s Ashley Gray had 19 and 10 for the losing East.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
Most Read Stories
From sports-information reports.