KAPALUA, Maui, Hawaii – Washington’s women’s golfers rode the 3-4 finish of Jennifer Yang and Ting Luo to a second-place team finish at the Anuenue Spring Break Classic.
Yang carded a 72 on the final round of the three-day event to finish at 1-under 215, while Luo (75) ended at 1-over 217. Husky teammate SooBin Kim (75) was part of a four-way tie for sixth at 219.
Pepperdine, behind medalist Grace Na (11-under 205), carded a team total of 870, nine strokes ahead of UW.
Seattle University, behind Dorsey Addicks (231) and Amanda Beyke (231), finished 15th in the 15-team field.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seattle teachers vote to strike if agreement isn’t reached
Most Read Stories
Visiting Seattle University, playing its first game in two weeks, rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat Portland, 7-3. Ryan Somers’ RBI single in the sixth tied it at 3, and Chase Fields’ fielder’s-choice grounder. Landon Cray’s two-run double gave SU (8-11) some breathing room.
Catcher Brian Olson had his second career five-hit game for the winners, and reliever Skyler Genger got the win with 52
3 innings of two-hit pitching. The Pilots fell to 5-19.
From sports-information reports.