BREMERTON — Husky junior Cheng-Tsung Pan holds a two-shot lead and host Washington leads the Kikkor Golf Husky Invitational on the Olympic Course at Gold Mountain Golf Club by 10 strokes after the first two rounds of play Monday.
The Huskies shot 11-under-par 565. San Diego is second at 575 followed by Brigham Young (578).
Washington State is eighth at 10-over 586. Gonzaga is 13th at 20-over 596.
Cheng shot a 68 and 70 for a 6-under 138, two shots better than Joe Parkinson of Brigham Young. Corey Pereira of Washington and Michael Anderson of Washington State are among five golfers tied for third at 3-under 141.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Orca baby boom continues with discovery of fourth calf
- Bertha's mammoth cutter head emerges from tunnel vault
Most Read Stories
Players of the week
• Washington Krista Vansant was named Pac-12 volleyball Offensive Player of the Week.
• Western Washington defender Troy McCarty was named the Great Northwest Athletic Conference men’s soccer Defensive Player of the Week
• Central Washington senior safety Deionte Gordon has been named the Great Northwest Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Week
• Western Washington’s Matt Lutz has been named GNAC male co-Runner of the Week .
• Western Washington libero Samantha Hutchinson has been named the GNAC volleyball Defensive Player of the Week.
• Gonzaga goalkeeper Ryan Caballero was selected as West Coast Conference men’s soccer Player of the Week
From sports-information reports.