Krista Vansant had 17 kills as the second-ranked Washington volleyball team beat Utah 25-14, 25-16, 23-25, 25-20 Friday night. Washington (14-0) remains on...
SALT LAKE CITY — Krista Vansant had 17 kills as the second-ranked Washington volleyball team beat Utah 25-14, 25-16, 23-25, 25-20 Friday night.
Washington (14-0) remains on top of the Pac-12 in the early going, tied with Stanford at 5-0. The Cardinal upset Oregon 3-2 at Stanford, leaving the Huskies as the last undefeated team in Division I. Washington plays at Colorado on Sunday at 2 p.m. live on the Pac-12 Networks.
Bird has surgery
Storm point guard Sue Bird underwent successful labrum surgery on her left hip in Vail, Colo.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
Most Read Stories
Recovery takes about 8 to 12 weeks, and Bird, who turns 32 this month, anticipates returning to her Russian team by January.
“I’m very excited to put the hip stuff in the past because I’ve been dealing with it for a long time, and the last month was tough,” Bird said.
Washington State (10-7, 0-5 Pac-12) lost 25-17, 25-17, 29-27 at Colorado (12-5, 2-3).
• Idaho (7-10, 5-2 WAC) earned a 25-16, 19-25, 25-18, 19-25, 15-13 win over host Seattle U (6-11, 1-6).
• Olivia VanDlac led host Northwest U (12-7, 6-4 CCC) with 10 kills in a 25-18, 25-18, 26-24 win over Evergreen.
UW freshman Falon Miller scored in the 46th minute as host Washington (8-3-2, 1-2-1 Pac-12) and Arizona (5-5-3, 1-1-2) played to a 1-1 tie.
• Courtney Tinnin scored in the first half as Arizona State (6-6-1, 2-2-0 Pac-12) earned a 1-0 victory over host Washington State (7-4-1, 1-2-1).
• Sophomore Acacia Johnson scored a hat trick as host Northwest U (2-8-2, 1-1-1 CCC) beat Corban 4-1.
UW’s Quinton Beasley scored in the 26th minute as Washington (6-3-2, 1-0-1) and host San Diego State (4-4-2, 0-2-1) drew 1-1.
• Seattle U (2-6-1, 0-1-1 MPSF) lost 3-0 at UNLV (3-8-1, 1-1).
Compiled from sports-information reports. Times staff reporter Jayda Evans contributed to this report.