Kaitlin Inglesby went 4 for 4 with a home run as Washington beat DePaul in the second of two games at the Judi Garman Classic.
FULLERTON, Calif. — Kaitlin Inglesby went 4 for 4 with a home run as Washington beat DePaul 6-4 in the second of two softball games for the Huskies on Thursday at the Judi Garman Classic.
Earlier in the day, Michigan (18-6) snapped Washington’s 14-game winning streak with a 6-1 victory over the Huskies (20-6).
Inglesby (7-3) started against Michigan and took the loss, allowing two earned runs and five hits in four innings.
Against DePaul, Inglesby got the final two outs in relief of starter Bryana Walker (11-2), who got the victory. Walker allowed three earned runs and six hits in 6-1/3 innings.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- Dead whale found on bow of cruise ship in Alaska
Most Read Stories
Kimberlee Souza had three hits for the Huskies against DePaul (12-9).
Washington plays Texas in the tournament Friday night.
Seattle University and UC Davis will play a doubleheader at 3 p.m. Friday at Bannerwood Park in Bellevue, instead of separate games Friday and Saturday.
Pete Gammell, who has worked at KIRO radio for nine years, has been promoted to program director at the ESPN 710 station.
From sports-information reports.