Kaitlin Inglesby went 4 for 4 with a home run as Washington beat DePaul in the second of two games at the Judi Garman Classic.
FULLERTON, Calif. — Kaitlin Inglesby went 4 for 4 with a home run as Washington beat DePaul 6-4 in the second of two softball games for the Huskies on Thursday at the Judi Garman Classic.
Earlier in the day, Michigan (18-6) snapped Washington’s 14-game winning streak with a 6-1 victory over the Huskies (20-6).
Inglesby (7-3) started against Michigan and took the loss, allowing two earned runs and five hits in four innings.
Against DePaul, Inglesby got the final two outs in relief of starter Bryana Walker (11-2), who got the victory. Walker allowed three earned runs and six hits in 6-1/3 innings.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
Most Read Stories
Kimberlee Souza had three hits for the Huskies against DePaul (12-9).
Washington plays Texas in the tournament Friday night.
Seattle University and UC Davis will play a doubleheader at 3 p.m. Friday at Bannerwood Park in Bellevue, instead of separate games Friday and Saturday.
Pete Gammell, who has worked at KIRO radio for nine years, has been promoted to program director at the ESPN 710 station.
From sports-information reports.