The good: The Huskies may have found a receiver for the future in true freshman Curtis Shaw, who made his first appearance in a game at that position after switching from running back and had four catches.
The bad: Jake Locker’s injury was frightening, but it sounds as if he will be all right long term. The loss eliminated any chance of a winning season or a postseason bowl game.
Next up: vs. California, 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Husky Stadium, Channel 4.
|UW game leaders|
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012