California broke through with a run in the 14th inning to edge the Washington baseball team, 6-5, in the final game of a three-game series...
California broke through with a run in the 14th inning to edge the Washington baseball team, 6-5, in the final game of a three-game series at Husky Ballpark.
The Huskies squandered a 5-0 lead after two innings.
In the top of the 14th, the Bears loaded the bases and a wild pitch from UW (14-28, 6-12 Pac-12) reliever Zach Wright allowed Brenden Farney to score from third.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
A throwing error in the bottom of the eighth by UCLA allowed Washington State’s Shea Donlin to score the winning run for the Cougars (20-20, 7-11 Pac-12) in a 4-3 home victory.
• Seattle U (17-25, 7-10 WAC) held off San Jose State for a 6-3 road win.
Poulsbo’s Ryan Villopoto secured his third consecutive AMA Supercross championship Saturday night in Salt Lake City to earn his series leading ninth win of 2013 in the 450SX class.
No. 1 Western Washington won four grand final heats at the Western Intercollegiate Rowing Association Championships in Rancho Cordova, Calif.
Seattle U finished sixth in the Division-I V8 grand finals.
Seattle Pacific finished second in the men’s varsity four at the WIRA championships.
From team reports.